- Welcome to the Hallym University of Graduate Studies (HUGS)!
- The purpose of the HUGS is to educate students to become leaders in various fields equipped with proper expertise and creativity for activity in the global stage. HUGS is composed of five fields of studies.
- The Department of Political Diplomacy educates students on international relations based on theory and reality. The Department of Convention Event Management prepares students for practicing and managing international cultural exchange programs. The Department of Audiology nurtures experts for the highly specialized hearing industry, which is rapidly globalizing in the era of aged societies. The Department of American Law educates students to become lawyers and experts in international commerce and negotiation for deals such as the Free Trade Agreement. The Department of International Radiology teaches students radiology for the global stage.
- The Department of Convention Event Management and Department of Audiology are special in that these fields are the first in the nation. The expertise and dedication of our professors, who are also the best in the nation, prepare students for globalization and aged societies.
- HUGS has also succeeded the academics and will of its collaborator, the renowned Hallym University, to provide proper education for preparing students to become experts in the rapidly changing contemporary society.
- Hallym University of Graduate studies
5th President Junghak Lee, Ph.D
- Biography Contents Open
Education Info INSTITUTION DEGREE YEAR(s) FIELD OF STUDY Yonsei University, Korea B. A. 1982 French Language & Literature Yonsei University, Korea M. A. course completion 1985 Educational Psychology University of Georgia, U.S.A. M. Ed. 1988 Audiology University of Georgia, U.S.A. Ph. D. 1994 AudiologyPositions and Employment 1994.8-1999.3Assistant professor, Department of Medical Sciences, Medical School, Hallym University 1999.4-2004.3Associate professor, Department of Medical Sciences, Medical School, Hallym University 2004.4-2009.6Professor, Department of Medical Sciences, Medical School, Hallym University 2007.8-Professor, Department of Audiology, Hallym University of Graduate Studies 2007.8-Director, Institute of Audiology, Hallym University of Graduate Studies 2017.3-President, Hallym University of Graduate StudiesOther experience and professional memberships 1993- CCC-A (Certificate of Clinical Competency in Audiology, by ASHA in U.S.A) 1995- International Society of Audiology 1997- FAAA (Fellow in American Academy of Audiology) 1995- Member, Korean Society of Audiology 1999- Member, Korean Academy of Audiology 2004- BCA (Board Certificate in Audiology, by AAA in U.S.A.) 2006-2007 President, Korean Academy of Audiology 2008-2009 President, Audiological Testing Services 2003- Committee member, Electroacoustic committee, Korean Agency for Technology and Standards 2002- Committee member, Hearing Conservation committee, The Korean Occupational Safety and Healthy Agency 2016.3- President, Audiological Testing Services 2016.5- Convenor, ISO TC43 WG10 Hearing aid fitting management 2016.11- Committee member, Noise committee, National Institute of Environmental Research 2017.3- Chairman, Korean Society of AudiologistsHonors 2011 Excellent Research Award, Ministry of Knowledge & Economy (currently renamed as Ministry of Trade, Industry & Energy, MOTIE)
- Department of International Studies
- The Department of International Studies of Hallym University of Graduate Studies(HUGS) offers wide range of the domestic and international politics for the Masters Degree (Masters in International Studies/36 credits) program. In particular, the department can provide foreign and day-time working students with an adequate and excellent courses for their special needs.
- The department of International studies of HUGS has various and deep contacts with the numerous foreign universities and relevant domestic institutions and agencies in the field. The faculty of the department consists 4 full-time professors and several adjunct scholars in the field in Korea.
- Currently the Department of International Studies provides five major programs:
1. Diplomacy and Security studies; 2. Taiwanese studies; 3. Political Management studies; 4. Asian Community Studies.
- Diplomacy and Security studiesTaiwanese studies Political Management studies Asian Community Studies
- Head of Department of International Studies Tae Wook Choi (email@example.com)
- Department of Convention and Events Management
- Hallym University of Graduate Studies(HUGS) offers the best Masters Degree (Masters in Business Administration/36 credits) program in the Meeting, Incentive travels, Convention, and Exhibition(MICE) field in Korea.
- Most of MICE industry leaders in Korea are HUGS alumni. We have active school advisory committee consisting of industry leaders, who provide advice on curriculum and development matters. At present, The Department of Convention and Events Management runs 4 majors: Convention and Exhibition Management; Event Management; Medical Tourism Management; and Tourism and Lesure Management.
Convention and Exhibition Management
Medical Tourism Management
Air Transport, Travel and Tourism Management
- Head of Department of Convention & Events Management eun-joo Youn (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Department of American Law
- The Department of American Law is committed to preparing students to become Korea’s leading experts on the U.S. Law to deal with the increasingly globalized market by offering the following features.
- Bar Taking Eligibility: Upon completion of the minimum number of credits of courses provided by our partner law school that is American Bar Association(ABA)-approved, students will qualify to take the District of Columbia Bar Examination subject to approval by the Committee on Admissions. Bar Exam Preparation: The major concentration of the courses is to enable students to acquire and hone their legal knowledge and skills used to pass the bar exam. English Enhancement: The curriculum is designed to help students enhance their listening, speed reading, and writing skills needed handling legal dealings and business transactions in an international context. Conflict Resolution Skills Training: Recognizing the value of good communication or dispute resolution skills, our department offers students with the comprehensive training courses necessary to be successful in mediation, negotiation and facilitation of dialogue.
- Head of Department of American law Ji Min Park (email@example.com)
- Department of Audiology
- Department of Audiology at Hallym University of Graduate Studies (HUGS) offers Master of Science (M.S) degree. Our program is based on a practice-to-research philosophy. Through our cutting-edge facilities and powerful industrial partnerships, we train future clinical audiologists and hearing scientists who will treat millions of people with hearing impairments.
- Our graduate curriculum emphasizes excellence in clinical practicum and advanced research work in Audiology. At least 36 credit hours of mandatory and selective courses are required for graduation. The mandatory courses are General Hearing Evaluation, Special Hearing Evaluation, Hearing Aid Evaluation & Fitting, Cochlear Implant Evaluation & Mapping, and Clinical Practicum for Audiology Ⅰ-IV. Selective courses are also available from diverse fields of Audiology such as Psychoacoustics, Geriatric Audiology, Pediatric Audiology, Industrial Audiology, Audiologic Rehabilitation, Sign Language, Anatomy and Physiology of Hearing, and Vestibular Assessment and Rehabilitation.
- Head of Department of Audiology Jaehee Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Department of International Radiological Sciences
- Strengthening professional competency that is required for high-ranking manager Cultivating talented researchers with diversity and creativity Producing professional and talented people through overseas training
- The department of international radiological science conducts research and development in convergence disciplines to realize development of social science that combines science and engineering with computer engineering, humanities and sociology. To this end, the department provides research program that radiation is used in the field of technology and science related to diagnosis and treatment of disease for health of society and humans and in the field of radiology that focuses on radiological science as an applied science. The department provides major curriculum that cultivates research leaders who have global competitiveness. The major curriculum helps students learn academic theories in the major field of study and master sophisticated knowledge and skills that can be connected to new science. The department ensures that students can cultivate their capability to resolve problems actively based on their knowledge that is converged with creative and scientific way of thinking and that they can grow up to become expert in the fields of education & research in radiological science and radiation that take the lead in development of modern science.
- Head of Department of International Radiological Sciences Jae-Hwan Cho (email@example.com)
- HALLYM UNIVERSITY OF GRADUATE STUDIES "Mighty Hallym"
- http://www.hugs.ac.kr TEL: 82-2-3453-9333 FAX: 82-2-3453-6618